Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Intentions that were intended for the previous post! Grrrrrrr!

***read the post "Setting My Intentions" directly below for this post to make any sense...I had some technical difficulties***
: S

Ummmmmm, PS: Excuse me blogspot.com...bugs and glitches and not allowing me to move around freely and finish my posts is very, very uncool. Now, where was I?

Oh yes, my  intentions for 2013. 

*Getting healthy* And I don't mean just losing weight and trying to look a certain way. I will never again look or weigh the same as I did in my 20's or early 30's and it no longer bothers me. I am in the very last year of my 30's and all I really wish to have a healthier outlook on life in general. The whole meal deal. It all goes hand in hand, really. I intend to cut out the junk, be it unhealthy foods, habits, or relationships. Anything that isn't useful, beautiful or makes me happy is going, going...gone. Life is too short for crap. I'm going to treat myself better, Zal better, and my family and friends better. 
On an actual health related note here, I started eating one whole healthy salad as a meal each day (healthy meaning not just chicken or egg salad, the ones I love the most smothered in all that creamy, delicious calorie filled mayonnaise. *sighhhh*) Anyways, yesterday we all kind of slept in and low and behold I missed breakfast (very bad, mucho unhealthy, I know...but I'm just not a breakfast person unless it's a bacon-fest brunch at 11ish or beyond!) so I come home for a quick lunch and as matter of (recent) habit make myself a salad. No big deal, right? Good for you, Celeste. Ummm, nope. I do not recommend eating only a salad and a cup of tea the day of a tooth extraction. Not wise at all. I am starving here, people! I can't wait until the stitches heal and I can chow down on a steak. Oh, and a salad, of course. 

*Organization* By this I am referring mostly to stuff in the house. And garage. And storage space under the deck. So. Much. Stuff. We've only been here a year and we purged and downsized before we moved. Where the hell did all this STUFF come from?! I guess I should include my ten million 
pictures into this whole organization business, too, now that I think of it. 

*Less swearing* My Gramma Glasser always says that swearing is for people that have nothing more intelligent to say. Enough said. I'm trying, Gramma. I really am, unless it's totally called for. Or funny. But my intention is to replace those nasty swear words with hilarious made up non-swear words. If you have any that I should add to my repertoire, please pass them on. 

*Blog* My goal is to blog more often, honestly and without shame. I love to write. I love to read. I need to express and get out of my own head every now and then. That and Lesley pretty much bugs me to do it, like, every week! But she's right. I've been asked more than a few times, "why don't you write in your blog anymore" and "what happened to your blog site?". Looking back it's pretty evident that I only really posted pictures and short updates as a precursor to Facebook. Although I consider myself to be very socially interactive on Facebook, I have been missing the feeling you get when you write...and write and write. I am so long winded sometimes! But that is ok. This is an avenue in which I can be and you can chose whether to read it or not. It doesn't hurt my feelings either way. 

*Marriage* What...Really? Finally? Actually??. Yes, yes and yesser. Zal and I have been together for 9-ish years now (sorry, but it's hard to pinpoint an actual anniversary date when you don't have an actual anniversary!) We've done it all pretty much ass backwards but we're both at a time and place where we feel that this is the year. It's undecided on the where, when and how just yet. We don't want a huge, formal affair. We've thought of eloping but I know that would disappoint not only our kids but a few of our family members and good friends, as well. We'll figure what's right for us. And then we'll let you all know.  ; ) 

Ok, I think that's about it, give or take. Thanx to my amazing, wonderful, caring and hippy-dippy-hokey-pokey Mom for planting the idea of intentions in my head. My Mom has many "Jacolen-isms" that I'm sure I will share eventually. And right as Lesley, Jill and Cheryl read this I know, without a doubt that they will be laughing out loud and thinking fondly about a few of them...bless their journeys. 




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kay, if you PROMISE to update more regularly, I will move the link into my regular blog reading rotation.
Lesley

Lesley Banda said...

also, I do not know how to post a comment that does not say "Anonymous said". Whatever.

Lesley said...

Hey! Look at that!

Lesley said...

Figured it out!

who else? said...

sometimes if I have a funny story, can I be a guest blogger?

Celeste Glasser said...

I may need a kick in the arse every now and then but I INTEND to promise! Heehee. Now if I could only muster up the patience to figure out the adding pics thing! : S
I will make it into your regular rotation, that is now a goal, indeed!

Celeste Glasser said...

Absofreakinglutely!